The base image for this piece was originally going to be something else, but then I changed my mind, and then I forgot. I spent a couple of weeks touching up the image and I’m still going to turn it into something else. But today I decided to see what I could do with a portion of the image. So I cut out a third of it and chose a random YA book from my shelves, which turned out to be Maureen Johnson’s ‘Devilish’.
The final image ended up having a lot of similarities to the edition of the book that I already have, and I toyed with the idea of changing it to be really different. But I like the way it turned out, despite the many similarities to the original cover.